This Monday night October 30, 2017
will be our Monthly general membership meeting
2222 Haviland Ave
Bronx, NY 10462
food will be provided and beverages available for purchase
If you are an employee of the NYC Fire Department, uniformed or civilian, Fire or EMS, and have not yet joined the FDNY Hispanic Society or know someone in the same situation, we urge you to come, visit, attend one of our events or meetings and see for yourself what we are all about. Check our Calendar of Events for the next scheduled event or meeting.
For payments for the Hispanic Society Membership Dues please enroll thru the ESS / or pay now online through Paypal with a credit/debit card.
Event: Hispanic Day Parade
Date: October 8, 2017
Step-Off Time: 1200
Arrival Time of Vehicles: 1100
Location: W. 44th Street between Madison and 5th Avenues
It is with great pride and truly an honor to announce that,
The National Association of Hispanic Firefighters
wishes to bestow
EMT Yadira Arroyo
with their Medal of Valor.
An award that has not been given out to anyone for over 10 years, to her family at the
2017 FDNY Hispanic Society Scholarship Dinner dance.
We invite all our FDNY members, friends, families, Associations, and Elected officials to come out represent and honor her memory and of her ultimate sacrifice.
Filing for the FDNY Emergency Medical Specialist - EMT,
Exam # 8009 ... 9/6/2017 - 9/26/2017
If your a New York State EMT, click on the link below to apply and file for a career in the best Fire Department in the world!
Come out and celebrate with our future Leaders and Innovators
FDNY Hispanic Society Annual Scholarship Dinner Dance 2017
Live Band "Los Hermanos Colon"
RSVP with mailed invitation or
purchase Individual and table (10) tickets available online, link below
FDNY Hispanic Society is asking its members to march with us in this year’s
36th Annual Dominican Day Parade.
We are marching along Avenue of the Americas on Sunday, August 13, 2017.
Full class A uniform
Meet at 36th and ave of America (6th ave)
Our very own Vice president Bernardo Rodriguez is being Honored as Ambassador of First Responders
POST PARADE PARTY:
Casa de Mofongo
? La Casa Del Mofongo
1447 St Nicholas Ave
We are continuing our traditional "after" parade party, but it will be a Puerto Rican pride party. We are not marching, but we can still celebrate our Puerto Rican heritage. We will have FDNY Hispanic Society T-shirts in honor of Puerto Rican day, to purchase at the event. We are starting at 2 pm if members wish to go to parade as a spectator and join us after. Family and friends are welcome. Kid friendly activies!! ..
After tonight's (May 22,2017) meeting and thru the process of majority vote.
The FDNY Hispanic Society has decided to not march in this years PR Parade and stand in solidarity with our Uniform Brothers and Sisters in Blue.
Thank you all for coming and for your input.
2017 FDNY Hispanic Society Scholarship Award application period is open. Application and all documents must be turned in by July 31, 2017. Go to Hispanic Society website to print out the application or use website to fill out and upload documents electronically. Members, Spouse, and dependent children may apply according to guidelines in our By-laws.
Department of Citywide administrative serves has extended the filing period for Exam 7001 "Firefighter" to 1200 am, May 10th 2017
Please file to join a great job, with great people and great traditions.
Once again tragedy has struck our family. We loss our brother FF William Tolley at a Queens fire.
On behalf of the FDNY Hispanic Society Executive board and membership, we send our deepest and most sincere condolences to his family and to Engine 286 and Ladder 135,
the "Mrytles Turtles".
Keep them in your prayers and send your blessings to keep them consoled. May God Bless you and keep you "Billy". Till we meet again brother.
Tuesday, April 25th from 7-9 pm
Wednesday, April 26th from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm
Fredrick J. Chapey & Sons Funeral Home, Inc.
20 Hicksville Road
Bethpage, NY 11714
Thursday, April 27th at 11 am
St. Martin of Tours RC Church
220 Central Avenue
Bethpage, NY 11714
The Race for Re-Entry is now a week away - and there's a few housekeeping items to address:
All team shirts will be Large. If you need Small, Medium, XL, 2XL or 3XL size shirts - YOU MUST LET US KNOW BY MONDAY, APRIL 17TH @ 12PM.
2. We will be offering free shuttle service from the #2/5 @ Simpson St and
#6 @ Hunts Point train stations to Soundview Park on the day of the Race beginning at 6am. Shuttles will pass by the train stations at :00 and :30.
If a #5 bus should arrive while waiting for the R4R Shuttle, passengers can use their Metrocard and take the #5 bus to Morrison Avenue, which is 5 stops and less than 10 minutes away.
3. Free R4R Shuttles will also be available from 12:30pm-4:30pm after the Race. Shuttle stops will be the Finish Line/Bronx YMCA (Resource Fair site), Soundview Park, Hunts Point (#6 train) and Simpson Street (#2/5 trains). The #22 bus is also outside the Bronx YMCA and goes to the #6 train at Castle Hill Avenue.
4. For travel to Soundview Park by car, enter the following address into
GPS: 825 Morrison Avenue, Bronx, NY 10473. The park can be easily accessed off of the Bruckner Expressway at the Bronx River Parkway exit and making a right onto Morrison Avenue or taking the Bronx River Parkway South to the last exit (Story Avenue), which merges onto Morrison Avenue.
5. Please dress comfortably. Individual runners, walkers and bikers will be given White Race Day t-shirts at registration. Race Day t-shirts must be worn for everyone as it is your access pass throughout the day for the course, free shuttles and resource fair. A majority of the Race Day t-shirts will be Large with a smaller selection of Small, Medium, XL, 2XL and 3XL available. If you need a specific size, please let me know so that we can put a t-shirt on hold for you at registration.
6. For those of you who are forfeiting church service to attend the Race, we will be offering Prayer Service in the Park from 8:30am-9am with Rev.
Harold Dean Trulear of Healing Communities, who is also a returning citizen who just this month was released after 5 years of probation!
7. The Opening Ceremony begins at 9:30am and will feature a presentation by the Bronx Borough President's Office proclaiming April 23, 2017, Race for Re-Entry Day and a welcome from New York State Assembly Member, Marcos Crespo.
8. Portable bathrooms will be available along the Race route.
9. FDNY has assigned an EMS unit to the Race for Re-Entry; and therefore, emergency services will be available in the extreme case of an emergency.
10. Refreshments will be available after the Race.
12. It's not too late to have others join you for the 5K Walk Run Bike!
Tell a friend! Day-of registrations will be possible between 8am-9:30am.
NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO REGISTER AFTER 9:30AM. So please come on time.
13. Remember, we are hosting other events this week. The Youth Hangout (Ages 10-17) on Friday, April 21st from 3pm-8pm and the Community Hoops Basketball Game with the 43rd Precinct featuring the Hot97 Street Team on Saturday, April 22nd from 6pm-8pm. BOTH EVENTS ARE AT THE BRONX YMCA, 2 CASTLE HILL AVENUE.
14. Please forward this email to others on your team or who will be joining you - so that everyone is on the same page.
Thank you so much for being a part of the inaugural Race for Re-Entry! You are helping us to raise awareness, inspire collaboration and implement solutions around the needs of returning citizens and their families.
The application period for firefighter is now open. The NOE can be found here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/201707001000.pdf and the list of exams can be found here: https://a856-eeexams.nyc.gov/OLEE/oasys/ExamList.aspx
Information about filing, filing sites, and recruitment resources can be found on JoinFDNY.com or by calling 718-999-FDNY (3369)
FDNY Hispanic Society